My previous post with a simple starfield has proved to be one of the most popular posts on this blog so far. I thought it was high time I gave the 'solution' to the challenge of a 'layered' version.
Having several starfields on top of each other running at different speeds in order to give the idea of depth. This required no changes to the starfield code (though I did tweak it not to use tuples anymore - more to avoid confusion). A screenshot doesn't do it justice - run the demo to see the movement!
All examples from this blog will appear on the new DaftPython Google Code site. The latest star code is here.