Now that some time has passed, I thought it would be good to look back at PyWeek 15 to review how it went. First a screenshot!
I quite liked the look of this game with the bright colours and use of shades. I liked the generate landscape. Disappointed that there is not much to do except zap without a goal. Some systems seem to be unable to cope with the game and get next to no keyboard response making it unplayable :-( Definitely felt unfinished but I had a horrible cold that week so I simply ran out of energy some nights.
So lessons learned...
- It was fun to do new stuff!
- Even a simple sound effect can add to a game!
- Test on a range of systems regularly - watch that CPU usage.
- Allow time for review and correction.
- Have a clear idea - this one suffered from 'just keeping busy'.
- Players like smooth movement.
- Players like to be in the center of the screen.
- A few warm up projects certainly help.
Here's to next time!